Anecdotes for the Chronically Ill: Pardon this Cynical Rant
After a day of steaming with pent up anger due to chronic pain, I strolled over to my grandmother’s bedroom seeking some outlet to vent my annoyance. What was meant to be a simple unloading and return to whatever I was using as a form of escape became a moment of utter frustration.
“Just remember you have a low pain threshold and the pain you’re feeling, everyone goes through it. You just feel it more.”
Was that supposed to make me feel better? Because all it did was remind me how weak and pathetic I am. That and you just basically brushed my anguish off as nothing of importance. -_-
Apple iOS 7 Launch
I’m actually looking forward to an Apple update for the first O.O I love that they are making such big changes to the GUI. Many of the changes prove that Android and Windows 8 really did step up the game graphics wise as well as with navigation through settings, notifications and multi-tasking. Apple (in a desperate attempt to up the ante) had to adapt to the big shoes their competition left them to fill. My biggest problem with their past mobile OS is the lack of full user customization but they are finally taking steps to solve this.
They have also incorporated some well loved bits from Android which caused many to shift to that side of the market. iOS 7 not only features these now but have their own innovative twist to the features mobile gadget users have grown fond of.
Apple is finally taking that brave step towards being more friendly and approachable for apple newbies.To me, Apple products have always been that one kid in school on his high horse because he’s cooler than everyone and therefore creates his own group of the elite to counter everyone else. While Windows and Android have been the platform for everyone, Apple has sought to distinguish themselves as the ultimate source for truly inspirational and innovative technology.
Now there’s nothing wrong with that. I actually commend them for that. As a design student, I appreciate the care and dedication that goes into not only making something look good but base its design on function. It’s like every ‘first world problem’ is solved by them before we fully realize there was even a problem to begin with and that my friends takes great skill and devotion. But even with all the amazing focus on hardware and software details, I still have never found myself owning an Apple product.
I’ve always been hesitant about Apple products for many reasons. My two biggest issues have been the lack of compatibility with other brand products and the lack of full customization. Anyone who knows me knows I like my things to be as unique as myself and that dash of personalization makes my gadgets really feel like mine (hence why I constantly seek things which are out of the ordinary). Also, in a world where information is universal, it’s really upsetting when programs, documents and devices are not able to work with one particular device.
In this past semester alone, I’ve witnessed friends lament over the awkwardness of AutoDesk software on Mac (eventually partitioning their computer to gain access to the Windows version). In school, Mac users continuously complain about problems with Microsoft Office documents in school; begging for everything to be converted to the uneditable PDF format so they can at least view group work. Then lord have mercy, do not let me get started with the series of external hard drive problems we went through. A guy spent the entire day just trying to find one that was compatible with his Mac so he could get an extremely large file needed to get work done.
And these are just the recent toppings to my creme brule of reasons why I’m not yet ready to convert. There are so many good things about using a Mac in my field of study, including the software provided and the exceptional hardware contained within the aluminium chassis but the cons seem like such a gamble to me so I’ll just wait out this problematic period before buying a Mac. The next iPhone or iPad 7.0 with iOS7 though seems like a must have in the near future.
Why must life cause me to deny my tumblr all the love and affection it deserves?! *cries in a corner*
So, you won’t be seeing much of me for the next week or two. DAMN YOU SCHOOL!
Q:"I love you. You are a wonderful, loved person." Pass it onto the first ten people on your dash anonymously.
aww =3 Needed this more than you know
2 Weeks without Internet…
And tumblr is like a foreign land to me O.o
So many new names, new faces, new followers.
Hopefully I can catch back up with the times and old friends XD
Message me what’s up guys! imu
Q:BEAUTIFUL PERSON AWARD! Once you are given this award, you are supposed to paste it in the ask of 8 people who deserve it. If you break the chain nothing will happen, but it’s sweet to know someone thinks you’re beautiful inside and out.
awww shucks! this is too presh! *hugs you till your ribcage goes mushy* http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7lm810leT1rnsfq2.gif
50 Shades of Me.
- 1. What is your best friends name? Anya
- 2. What color underwear/boxers wearing now? blue
- 3. What are you listening to right now? silence
- 4. Whats your favorite number? dont have one
- 5. What was the last thing you ate? Pistachio Ice Cream
- 6. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Like one of those neon colours that are awkward and never fits in =/
- 7. How is the weather right now? Its clear skies and the moon is bright and gigantic tonight.
- 8. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? Jermaine
- 9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? Hair
- 10. Do you have a significant other? Nope, forever alone
- 11. Favorite TV show? Doctor Who
- 12. Siblings? One demon boy child.
- 13. Height? 5”9’
- 14. Hair color? Dark Brown
- 15. Eye Color? Dark Brown
- 16. Do you wear contacts? Nah
- 17. Favorite Holiday? Summer
- 18. Month? None really
- 19. Have you ever cried for no reason? Too many fucking times
- 20. What was the last movie you watched? Project X
- 21. Favorite Day of the Year? Christmas
- 22. Are you too shy to ask someone out? Absolutely
- 23. Can you do a headstand (not using the wall)? Nope
- 24. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs
- 25. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
- 26. Do you want your friends to respond to this? Si
- 27. Who is most likely to respond to a text from you? Danielle!
- 28. Who is least likely to respond to a text from you? hopefully no one =[
- 29. What books are you reading? Meg Cabot books
- 30. Piercings? Just regular ear piercings
- 31. Favorite movies? West Side Story, Scott Pilgrim, Avengers
- 32. Favorite football Team? What are sports? =/
- 33. What are you doing right now? Talking the the most amazing person in my life now
- 34. Butter, Plain or Salted popcorn? Buttered
- 37. Dogs or cats? Dogs nigguh! They are the most awesome!
- 38. Favorite flower? Do i look like a pansy or something -_- get it! =D
- 39. Been caught doing something you weren’t supposed to do?
- 40. Do you have a best friend of the opposite sex? Yep! Ugly fartfaced Michael <3
- 41. Have you ever loved someone? Yep, hurt like hell when the feeling wasnt the same =[
- 42. Who would you like to see right now? My friends in trinidad. Miss them soo much
- 43. Are you still friends with people from kindergarten? Not really. most ppl in my life eventually forget about me and desert me.
- 44. Have you ever fired a gun? nope.
- 45. Do you like to travel by plane? Absofuckingloutely!
- 46. Right-handed or Left-handed? Leftie! =D
- 47. How many pillows do you sleep with? 2
- 48. Are you missing someone? my bestie anya =[
- 49. Do you have a tattoo? nope, cant take pain and permanent things
- 50. Anybody on Tumblr that you’d go on a date with? hmmm… not that i can think of right now
- Rule 1: Post the Rules
- Rule 2: Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, then make 11 new ones
- Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
- Rule 4: Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Questions for Me:
1) When was the last time you felt truly terrified?: One day we thought my brother went missing at his school. It was scary because I always heard about missing people but never did it feel so close to home. My brother is a fragile kid and I just felt like there would be no hope in rescuing him or finding him safe and sound.
2) Do you trust people unconditionally? If not, why? I find it hard to trust people generally because so many persons have hurt me, deserted me and used me and they are always the ones close to me. But when I become attached to you, I will trust you unconditionally and whole-heartedly
3) If you were the Doctor’s companion, where would be the first place you would go and why?: I would want to go to the most beautiful planet he’s ever been because I like to surround myself with beautiful things.
4) What is one pet peeve that you can NOT put up with?: When persons assume things without proper knowledge -_-
5) If you could accomplish one thing without consequence would you and what would it be?: Really and truly, I just want to finish school and make my grandparents proud.
6) What character, literary or otherwise, do you identify with and why?: Alice from Alice in Wonderland because I am always struggling to determine who I am and wish to create and travel into my own personal wonderland.
7) Would you carry the One Ring to Mordor? Why or Why not?: Probably not as I am not as strong as I would need to be. I would be the sidekick =P
8) What song would be the theme to your life and why? Creep by Radiohead. I completely relate to the feeling of never being good enough or fitting in. I never understand why people like being around me.
9) Who would you have narrate your biography and why? hmmm… possibly Debra Messing because for some reason, I completely relate to the complete mess of a person she always plays. Deep down she’s jsut as much of a nerd that I am.
10) What color is your mood right now? A mixture of red and grey =S
11) Thank you so much for taking this. You are a fantastic person. Do you promise to have as good a day as possible?: It shall be hard with the day I’ve been having, but just for you, i’ll try my best =]
Questions for you:
1) What is your most pleasant memory?
2) What is your favourite Tv show and why?
3) Are you passive, aggressive or assertive?
4)Are you religious or spiritual?
5) If you were granted to get one material object, no matter the price, what would it be and why?
6) Why did you first join tumblr?
7) If you could be one character in a tv show who would you be and why?
8) How many relationships have you been in?
9) Where is your favourite place to be and why?
10) What kind of music do you listen to?
11) What career are you interested in?
At work, Living on tumblr. Is that bad?